All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionWhat began as an online book order for an early edition Walt Whitman, grew into an unlikely friendship between Sandy Barton, a teacher from Buffalo, New York and Anthony Chandor, an antiquarian book seller from Bath, England. Total strangers on December 8, 2010, Anthony and Sandy found that by December 10th they were hooked, so began their journey. Through the cold months of winter they exchanged daily emails, telling tales of their families, of their careers and of their vastly different lives. By March there were nearly 1,500 emails - eugh to convince Sandy that it was time to turn their correspondence into a book. Her excitement about the project was met with less than raging enthusiasm. Anthony believed their story mirrored that of Helene Hanff's '84 Charing Cross Road'. Sandy had never heard of Hanff's book and stormed ahead with her idea. Abjectedly Yours tracks this unlikely friendship from its beginning, through life's challenges and triumphs, and eventually across the Atlantic for a face-to-face meeting. Their friendship spans a generation and two continents, yet it tenderly weaves two lives together in an enchanting, undeniable way. Abjectedly Yours treats the reader to a glimpse of life in Buffalo and Bath, of world travels and hometown joys, and of the precious gift two strangers gave to one ather. Pull up a chair, get comfortable, and listen in on their conversations. See for yourself what grew from one simple email. For more info, pictures, and coming soon-author interviews, visit www.sandybarton.com.
- Author BiographyAs a teacher, Sandy's passion for writing began with her quest to create children's books; Abjectedly Yours took her on an unexpected journey in a very different direction. After thirty years of teaching, and a bazillion family happenings, Sandy is confident there is plenty of fodder for future books! Sandy lives in Buffalo, New York with her husband, and enjoys time with their five grown children who are scattered across the country. After a successful career in the computer buisness, Anthony and his wife opened a bookshop in Bath, England, just down the street from the Royal Crescent. As an antiquarian bookseller, Anthony collected not only books, but fascinating friends and stories as well. He closed Bankes Books when he suffered a stroke, and now sells his books on the Internet. Anthony adores living in the beautiful city of Bath, England.
- Author(s)Sandy Barton
- Date of Publication14/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.