All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionIn a time when companies are outsourcing abroad, Habitat International, a Tennessee-based carpet manufacturer, has managed to achieve superior levels of productivity at home, often two to three times greater than its competition. Habitat s business has grown ermously, with much of its new business coming from work outsourced to them by competitors who could t come close to matching its productivity. Habitat s secret: they hire the people one else will. At Habitat three of every four workers have a physical or mental disability. They earn rmal wages and are cross-trained on every job. They work harder, with less supervision, lower turver and an unparalleled level of loyalty. The challenges have been significant; the rewards extraordinary. This is Habitat s story. It s a powerful and moving tale of personal courage, deep commitment and challenging expectations. It s a story of success and personal triumph. It ll change the way you think about business . . . and the people around you.
- Author BiographyNancy Henderson Wurst has written for Family Circle, The New York Times, Parade, and Women's Day. She has won two Print Journalism Equality, Dignity, and Independence Awards from Easter Seals. She lives in Chattanooga, Tennessee. David Morris is the CEO of Habitat International. He lives in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Author(s)Nancy Henderson
- PublisherBenBella Books
- Date of Publication10/12/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationDallas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBenBella Books
- Weight408 g
- Width150 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Introduction byDavid Morris
- Foreword byRandy Lewis
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.