All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionAboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education: An Introduction for the Teaching Profession prepares students for the classroom and community environments they will encounter when teaching Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children in urban, rural and remote schools at early childhood, primary and secondary levels. The book addresses many issues and challenges faced by teacher education students and assists them to understand the deeper social, cultural and historical context of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander education. This is a unique textbook written by a team of highly regarded Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander academics. Each chapter opens with an engaging anecdote from the author, connecting learning to real-world issues. This is also the first textbook to address Torres Strait Islander education. Written in an engaging and accessible style, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education is an essential resource for teacher education students.
- Author BiographyDr Kaye Price is an Aboriginal woman from Tasmania, currently working at the Centre for Australian Indigenous Knowledges. She holds a Bachelor of Education, Masters of Education and a Doctor of Philosophy. During 2010 she was the Aboriginal education project officer with the Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication11/09/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note7 b/w illus.
- Weight440 g
- Width176 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byKaye Price
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.