All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionGold medal winner of the 4th (2015) Beverly Hills International Book Awards for Literary Fiction. Gold medal winnerof the 2016 Next Generation Indie Book Awards for First Novel. Silver medal winner of the 28th (2016) Benjamin Franklin Awards for Best New Voice in Fiction. Finalist in the 10th National Indie Excellence Awards for Literary Fiction. Horable Mention in the 2016 Eric Hoffer Awards for Fiction. Finalist in the 2016 International Book Awards for Best New Fiction. Anna, who has always lived under the microscopic judgment of her narcissistic mother, is a Russian immigrant on the verge of turning forty and a single mother of a headstrong teenage daughter. After a life-long succession of regrettable choices and a slew of bad relationships, Anna gives up hope of finding her better half-until she meets David. Their all-consuming love seems timeless and everlasting, but both of their pasts just might destroy their future. A moving tale of three generations of Russian women living in New York City, of fate and love, of bonds that shape and shadow our lives. Crossing generations and continents, Sophia's narrative details, with uncompromising candor, the joys and hardships of an immigrant renting an apartment in a shabby-chic neighborhood, where the long-buried tensions that fester among families begin to surface in unexpected ways and change the family forever. Engrossing, unpredictable, and moving, the vel will make you laugh out loud one moment and swallow back tears the next. In the vein of Vladimir Nabokov, Mikhail Bulgakov, and Leo Tolstoy, About Anna... presents a rich narrative about a life in which the road to forgiveness is hard-and the path to self-acceptance is even harder. Delanner's complex characters will resonate with you long after the final page is turned.
- Author BiographyBorn under a totalitarian regime in the Soviet Union to a dysfunctional family, Sophia Michelle Delanner was brought into the world with an intense lust for life and an incorrigible need to understand how the universe works. Although she currently lives in New York City, she has lived in England and Germany. These rich experiences have allowed her to observe people and their cultures as she searched for ever-elusive happiness. The result is her literary novel About Anna...
- Author(s)Sophia Michelle Delanner
- PublisherInfinity House
- Date of Publication27/01/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInfinity House
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.