About Dying: How to Live in the Face of Death by Dr Colin Dicks (Paperback / softback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $53.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor most of us, dying is an unpleasant event that will happen in the distant future. For others, that future is w. Dealing with dying, either when facing one's own death or as a spectator, is an almost impossible task. Modern society has made death the ultimate failure. People are tormented by misinformation. Conversations about dying are avoided or brought swiftly to an end. Questions go unanswered. And where does this leave those facing death? Many people end up feeling excluded and alone while also struggling with failing health. Dying becomes a lonely journey paved with fear, uncertainty and doubt. In truth, death is a natural, everyday event. Dying is permissible and it is natural. It is possible to make peace with the prospect of dying. About Dying takes a n-confront- ational approach to the subject of death and dying. It allows you, the reader, to safely open the door on a forbidden topic and discover that there is more to death than meets the eye. If you are struggling with the idea of your mortality or want to explore the possibility of immortality, About Dying offers life-changing and essential insights. Find out more about the physical, emotional, spiritual and practical aspects of dying. Get a fresh perspective on the rmality of death. Above all, be inspired to get on with living in the face of dying.
- Author BiographyColin was born in South Africa and grew up in the small mining town of Orkney. He attended St Stithians College in Johannesburg and from there went on to study medicine at the University of Pretoria. After graduating, Colin spent time in the United Kingdom before returning to South Africa to specialise in radiation oncology at the University of Pretoria. Colin's restlessness and sense of adventure took him to New Zealand, where he completed his FRANZCR examination, as well as a diploma in palliative care via Cardiff University. He briefly returned to South Africa before finally settling on the Sunshine Coast of Australia, where he now resides. As a radiation oncologist, working with cancer, Colin often has to initiate discussions about end-of-life care, death and dying. He believes that dialogue around the subject of dying is important, and that there is a great need to present information in a practical, compassionate and non-threatening manner. Colin developed the website www.dyingtounderstand.com to increase people's understanding and dispel unfounded myths about death and dying. His hope is to help others normalize the process of dying so that they can get on with living.
- Author(s)Dr Colin Dicks
- PublisherColin Dicks
- Date of Publication17/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColin Dicks
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight195 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.