All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe essential interaction design guide, fully revised and updated for the mobile age About Face: The Essentials of Interaction Design, Fourth Edition is the latest update to the book that shaped and evolved the landscape of interaction design. This comprehensive guide takes the worldwide shift to smartphones and tablets into account. New information includes discussions on mobile apps, touch interfaces, screen size considerations, and more. The new full-color interior and unique layout better illustrate modern design concepts. The interaction design profession is blooming with the success of design-intensive companies, priming customers to expect design as a critical ingredient of marketplace success. Consumers have little tolerance for websites, apps, and devices that don't live up to their expectations, and the responding shift in business philosophy has become widespread. About Face is the book that brought interaction design out of the research labs and into the everyday lexicon, and the updated Fourth Edition continues to lead the way with ideas and methods relevant to today's design practitioners and developers. Updated information includes: * Contemporary interface, interaction, and product design methods * Design for mobile platforms and consumer electronics * State-of-the-art interface recommendations and up-to-date examples * Updated Goal-Directed Design methodology Designers and developers looking to remain relevant through the current shift in consumer techlogy habits will find About Face to be a comprehensive, essential resource.
- Author BiographyABOUT THE AUTHORS ALAN COOPER is a founder of Cooper and a pioneer of modern computing. His groundbreaking work has influenced a generation of programmers, business people, and users. ROBERT REIMANN was founding president of the Interaction Design Association (IxDA). He is Principal Interaction Designer at PatientsLikeMe, and former Director of Design R&D at Cooper. DAVID CRONIN is a Design Director at GE. He was also Director of Interaction Design at Smart Design, and a former Managing Director at Cooper. CHRISTOPHER NOESSEL is Cooper s first Design Fellow, and the co-author of Make It So. He teaches and speaks about design all over the world.
- Author(s)Alan Cooper,Christopher Noessel,David Cronin,Robert Reimann
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication19/09/2014
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1598 g
- Width189 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.