Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionAli al Jabri was an Arab artist, educated in Britain (first Rugby, then Bristol University), who was horribly murdered in Jordan in 2002, a violent and lonely end to a life of passionate creativity and a restless search for identity. Estranged from his distinguished Levantine family, members of which had served as ministers and prime ministers in a number of Middle Eastern states, Ali survived through a combination of wit and begging letters to his rich relatives. Whether the mystery surrounding Alis murder will ever be completely resolved, this fascinating, intimate, candid and brilliantly researched biography reveals more about the intricate realities of the Middle East than a whole library of earnest textbooks.
- Author(s)Amal Ghandour
- PublisherEland Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication21/04/2009
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEland Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.