All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChris Dunning overcame the after-effects of polio to win some of the world's biggest ocean racing competitions, including captaining the British Admiral Cup team to victory in 1977. Throughout his life, Chris has suffered the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune while literally sailing through a sea of troubles, all of which is captured perfectly in About A Village Boy. From the rural incence of the post-war British countryside to the greed and corruption of the 1980s, with thrilling anecdotes of sailing horrors and heroics, this book contains first-hand accounts of the devastating storm that hit the Fastnet race of 1979, but also the brilliant Admiral's Cup victory two years earlier. It is also a personal tale of how Chris lost his mother at a young age and contracted polio in his teens. His passion for life saw him t only succeed in sailing, but also in the business world. He grew one of the leading shopfitting businesses in the country, only to see it crumble before his eyes.
- Author BiographyChris Dunning overcame the after-effects of polio to win some of the world's biggest ocean racing competitions.
- Author(s)Chris Dunning
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication28/01/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationMarket Harborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.