All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.47
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.17
About this product
- DescriptionA New York Times Editor's Choice 1924. George Mallory is arguably the last great British explorer, having twice tried and failed to conquer Mount Everest. The mountain has haunted him, but his attempts have captivated the hearts of a nation desperate to restore its former glory after World War I. Yet George has sworn to his wife, Ruth, that he will t mount a third attempt. He will remain with her and their three children instead of again challenging the unreachable peak. Then, one afteron, Ruth reads a telegram addressed to George: Glad to have you aboard again. And with this one sentence, the lives of the Mallorys, and the face of the nation, are irrevocably changed. A beautifully rendered story about the need for redemption and the quest for glory, Above All Things is a captivating blend of historical fact and imaginative fiction. It is a heartbreaking tale of obsession, sacrifice, and what we do for love and hor.
- Author BiographyTanis Rideout s work has appeared in numerous publications and has been short-listed for several prizes, including a CBC Literary Award. Born in Belgium, she grew up in Bermuda and in Kingston, Ontario, and now lives in Toronto, where she received her MFA from the University of Guelph-Humber. Above All Things is her first novel.
- Author(s)Tanis Rideout
- PublisherBerkley Publishing Group
- Date of Publication04/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBerkley Publishing Group
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.