Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA suspenseful sci-fi escapade plucks two children out of the ocean for a thrilling adventure. Thirteen-year-old Aluna has lived her entire life under the ocean with the Coral Kampii in the City of Shifting Tides. But after centuries spent hidden from the Above World, her colony s survival is at risk. The Kampii s breathing necklaces are failing, but the elders are unwilling to venture above water to seek answers. Only headstrong Aluna and her friend Hoku are stubborn and bold eugh to face the terrors of land to search for way to save their people. But can Aluna s fierce determination and fighting skills and Hoku s tech-savvy keep them safe? Set in a world where overcrowding has led humans to adapt growing tails to live under the ocean or wings to live on mountains here is a ride through a future where greed and cruelty have gone unchecked, but the loyalty of friends remains true.
- Author BiographyJenn Reese writes science fiction and fantasy and has published short stories and two books for adults. She loves martial arts and has trained in kenpo, kung fu, tai chi, and weaponry. She lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Jenn Reese
- PublisherCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleAbove World
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Weight526 g
- Width147 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.