All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionABOVE pulls off that rare trick of being convincing and utterly magical at the same time. - Emma Doghue, NYT bestselling author of ROOM Leah Bobet's ABOVE is that rarest of creatures, combining the outspoken honesty of a good first vel with the craft of a seasoned professional. - Elizabeth Bear, Hugo Award-winning author of DUST Matthew has loved Ariel from the moment he found her in the tunnels, her bee's wings falling away. They live in Safe, an underground refuge for those fleeing the city Above--like Whisper, who speaks to ghosts, and Jack Flash, who can shoot lightning from his fingers. But one terrifying night, an old enemy invades Safe with an army of shadows, and only Matthew, Ariel, and a few friends escape Above. As Matthew unravels the mystery of Safe's history and the shadows' attack, he realizes he must find a way to remake his home--t just for himself, but for Ariel, who needs him more than ever before. ABOVE is the debut of an amazing new voice.
- Author BiographyLeah Bobet s short fiction and poetry have appeared in Realms of Fantasy, Strange Horizons, The Year's Best Science Fiction and Fantasy for Teens, and nominated for the Pushcart Prize and the Rhysling Award. She received a 2008 emerging writers development grant from the Toronto Arts Council. She lives in Toronto, Ontario.
- Author(s)Leah Bobet
- PublisherScholastic US
- Date of Publication01/07/2012
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScholastic US
- Weight472 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.00Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $49.51Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.