All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA splendid exploration of faith against great odds and love that endures years of disappointment. Abraham and Sarah is a masterful historical drama from the moment that Abraham strides into the pagan temple to rescue Sarah. The couple sets out in search of the blessings God had promised: abundant fertile land and decedents more plentiful than the stars.But years of wandering bring the couple to Egypt, where once again Abraham convinces Sarah that as sister and brother surely they will pass safely through the territory. But Pharaoh takes Sarah into his harem, where she befriends Pharaoh s daughter, Hagar. Together the three are ordered to leave.Years of barrenness have embittered Sarah, and she hatches a plan: Hagar must become the vessel for the child God has promised. Ishmael is born to Hagar, andjealousy is born in Sarah s heart. But God had a plan and He was right all along. This miracle unfolds with historical authenticity, leaving the reader with a better understanding of the ancient world and the life-changing faith of Abraham and Sarah.
- Author BiographyROBERTA KELLS DORR is the author of seven books: six novels, one biography. She majored in creative writing at the University of Maryland and received her master s in Religious Education from the Southern Baptist Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky. For seventeen years Dorr lived in the Middle East as the wife of a busy missionary surgeon and the mother of five children. On her return to the United States she carried with her the manuscript of the first novel she had written and researched extensively over the years. She claimed that the years in the Middle East, the exposure to their culture, and the experiences she had while there profoundly influenced what she wrote.
- Author(s)Roberta Kells Dorr
- PublisherMoody Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMoody Press,U.S.
- Weight281 g
- Width141 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best Selling in Fiction Books
- AU $15.08New
- AU $8.04Used
- AU $65.33New
A Game of Thrones: The Story Continues: The Complete Box Set of All 7 Books by George R. R. Martin (Paperback, 2012)
- AU $57.17New
- AU $47.50Used
- AU $16.57New
- AU $18.33New
- AU $27.95New
- AU $6.51New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $49.95Trending at AU $57.17
- AU $11.76Trending at AU $14.05
- AU $14.99Trending at AU $15.57
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $18.53
- AU $55.73Trending at AU $57.80
- AU $33.93Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $21.18Trending at AU $25.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.