Abrupt Climate Change: Inevitable Surprises by Division on Earth and Life Studies, National Research Council, Polar Research Board, Ocean Studies Board, Board on Atmospheric Sciences & Climate, Committee on Abrupt Climate Change (Hardback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe climate record for the past 100,000 years clearly indicates that the climate system has undergone periodic--and often extreme--shifts, sometimes in as little as a decade or less. The causes of abrupt climate changes have t been clearly established, but the triggering of events is likely to be the result of multiple natural processes. Abrupt climate changes of the magnitude seen in the past would have far-reaching implications for human society and ecosystems, including major impacts on energy consumption and water supply demands. Could such a change happen again? Are human activities exacerbating the likelihood of abrupt climate change? What are the potential societal consequences of such a change? Abrupt Climate Change: Inevitable Surprises looks at the current scientific evidence and theoretical understanding to describe what is currently kwn about abrupt climate change, including patterns and magnitudes, mechanisms, and probability of occurrence. It identifies critical kwledge gaps concerning the potential for future abrupt changes, including those aspects of change most important to society and ecomies, and outlines a research strategy to close those gaps. Based on the best and most current research available, this book surveys the history of climate change and makes a series of specific recommendations for the future.
- Author BiographyCommittee on Abrupt Climate Change, National Research Council
- Author(s)Board on Atmospheric Sciences & Climate,Committee on Abrupt Climate Change,Division on Earth and Life Studies,National Research Council,Ocean Studies Board,Polar Research Board
- PublisherNational Academies Press
- Date of Publication23/04/2002
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Academies Press
- Content Noteindex
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.