All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published between 1930 and 1956, the six vels written by Agatha Christie under the name Mary Westmacott, regarded by some as the writer's finest work, show a very different side of her talent. What they share with her other fiction is Christie's gift for sharp observations about people, the ambitions that drive them, their relationships, and the conflicts that erupt between them. This omnibus edition brings together three of Westmacott vels: Absent in the Spring Stranded between trains, Joan Scudamore finds herself reflecting upon her life, her family, and finally coming to grips with the uncomfortable truths about her life.Giant's Bread The story of Vern Deyre, a composer and pianist whose obsession with art wreaks havoc with the two very different women in his life.The Rose and the Yew Tree In one of the finest explorations of the human heart, the compelling story of a deep and abiding love, the conflicts it encompasses, and the price that must be paid.
- Author BiographyAgatha Christie is the best-selling author of all time. She wrote eighty crime novels and story collections, fourteen plays, and several other books. Her books have sold roughly four billion copies and have been translated into 45 languages. She is the creator of the two most enduring figures in crime literature Hercule Poirot and Miss Jane Marple and author of The Mousetrap, the longest-running play in the history of modern theatre. Christie was born in Torquay, Devon in 1890. She died in 1976 in Wallingford, Oxfordshire.
- Author(s)Agatha Christie,Mary Westmacott
- PublisherSt. Martins Press-3pl
- Date of Publication01/09/2001
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleMary Westmacott Omnibus (Paperback)
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt. Martins Press-3pl
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight839 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.