All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne vast ocean--the Pacific--and two ships that should have been able to avoid each other during a furious midnight storm. The resulting maximum hazard--being in extremis--leads to a tragic encounter naval personnel strive to avoid at all costs, one with fatal consequences. Officer of the Deck Lt. Stephen Wheatley is held responsible and faces a heated and contentious court martial during which he almost attacks the prosecuting attorney physically. Unfortunately, the court finds him responsible and he pays the dreaded price. Subsequently, he must search for redemption to regain his personal and professional bearing. This search and rescue operation leads to ather sea adventure that could prove fatal. You'll all be killed! yells Stephen's new girl friend from the pier in San Francisco before they set sail for a firing zone in the Pacific.
- Author BiographyJohn Barell is a veteran Antarctic explorer who became an educator to foster the kinds of inquiry he experienced at age thirteen when he first read the dramatic accounts of polar exploration of Byrd, Scott and Amundsen. Absolute Bearing results from asking, What if I had been in this terrible storm at sea with resulting tragic consequences? How would I have redeemed myself for mistakes and regained personal bearing?
- Author(s)Dr John Barell
- Date of Publication09/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date01/10/2014
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.08
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $34.27Trending at AU $40.32
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.