All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionThroughout history, much of human activity has been motivated by uncertainty. Yet, never before have so many people experienced so much uncertainty. The last hundred and fifty years have seen more advancement in our quality of life than ever before. Society has made great advancements to reduce uncertainty, but it has also made us more vulnerable to uncertainty. The most pivotal events in recent history were rooted in uncertainty and increased worldwide uncertainty to unprecedented levels. These included Y2K, terrorism, wars, earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunamis, oil spills, nuclear disaster, political instability, and a financial crisis with falling home prices, bank failures, bankruptcies, and the stock market crash. Absolute Uncertainty is about how uncertainty affects you and what you can do about it. It is about how uncertainty motivates behavior and how we communicate with other people. Uncertainty is absolute because it affects all of us and influences practically everything in our lives. It affects how we think and motivates our behavior. Uncertainty can affect practically everything in your life including your self-concept, your relationships, your work, and your family. Absolute Uncertainty can help increase your awareness and provide you with options to communicate more effectively with other people. It can help to develop useful skills including dealing with conflict and crisis, problem solving, decision making, and working in groups and organizations. It offers methods to improve personal skills like speaking, writing, and listening. It offers options for improving personal and professional relationships. And it can help to better utilize valuable resources like time, money, and space. Absolute Uncertainty is about how uncertainty affects you and what you can do about it to improve your personal well being and quality of life.
- Author BiographyDr. Brent Nelson, Ph.D., has researched the connection between communication and behavior for many years. He has examined mass mediated behavior, groups and organizations, and why individuals do the things they do. Having been involved in community, government, and business, he is interested in how these systems work. As a result of his research, Dr. Nelson is the first to develop a Grand Unified Theory of Behavioral Communication. He has uncovered the laws that govern communication and behavior. What Dr. Nelson calls The Law of Uncertainty, has motivated human behavior since the beginning of time. Given recent events, uncertainty affects us more today than ever before. He has written about how uncertainty affects us and what we can do about it to improve our quality of life. Dr. Nelson has developed new and creative methodologies to understand how people communicate. He developed the concept of desired outcome, which focuses on a person's well being to increase flexibility and effectiveness. He has also developed a new theory of economics based on how people reduce uncertainty, share meaning, and invest in themselves and others. It involves economic equilibrium as a force that motivates economic behavior. Dr. Nelson holds a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science and History, Summa Cum laude, Phi beta Kappa, a Masters, and Ph.D. He has been a professor of undergraduate and graduate classes in several fields. He has conducted seminars in leadership, business, team building, communication, and intercultural communication in the US and Europe. Dr. Nelson is the author of books on politics, government, business, and relationships. He has been a regular contributor to a daily newspaper and international magazine. He is a well regarded public speaker on a variety of topics.
- Author(s)Brent Nelson Ph D
- PublisherHeather Hill
- Date of Publication21/06/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeather Hill
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight617 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.