Absolution: A Bald Knobber Saga by Vonda Wilson Sheets (Paperback / softback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $58.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTaney County, located in southern Missouri on the Arkansas state line was rough country with rolling limestone hills and ridges. It was covered with trees, underbrush and rife with steep rocky caverus ravines. Cool clear springs and creeks flowed out of these ravines and valleys and into the White River. During the Civil War and for many years after, outlaws took refuge there. The county government was in disarray, and nearly all crimes committed were totally igred. After the Civil War, there was a land rush as the federal government expanded the Homestead Act. Families moved here from other parts of the country and acquired property. The locals, at first, considered them outsiders for they had right, in their eyes, to tell them how they should live their lives. Some of the newcomers came from large cities and civilized society and they were astounded that this area, called God's Country by the natives, had virtually judicial system. Many of the newcomers and, even those who had lived here for many years, were hoping for change. The event that sparked that change was the murder of a businessman, by the name of Jim Everett, and the subsequent trial in which his killer was acquitted. This unjust event spawned a vigilante band of night riders made up, initially, of table men; attorneys, merchants, lawmen, and landowners. Stories were published in national newspapers and the group became torious. Things, however, did t turn out as expected. This story takes place between 1883 and 1891. It is eight years of brutality and corruption that, to this day, remains burned into the memories of the people of southern Missouri. But this is t just about the Bald Kbbers. It is about the people and the land, life and death during hard uncertain times, families and their children, grandfathers and grandmothers, resistance and submission, hate and love, seasons and rural life in southern Missouri during the last part of the 19th century.
- Author(s)Vonda Wilson Sheets
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication19/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight776 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.41
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $14.99Trending at AU $19.01
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $59.41
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.