All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn response to the crisis in American education, more than five thousand public and private schools across the nation have adopted the timeless Montessori Method of teaching, of which this book is the cornerstone. Written by the women whose name is synymous worldwide with child development theory, The Absorbent Mind takes its title from the phrase that the inspired Italian doctor coined to characterize the child's most crucial developmental stage: the first six years.A new foreword by John Chattin-McNichols, Ph.D., President of the American Montessori Society, places this classic book in a contemporary context, offering an intelligent discussion of current thinking in child education.
- Author BiographyMaria Montessori, born in Italy in 1870, dedicated her life to learning how best to educate children particularly the poorest, most challenged children during their vulnerable beginnings. Today her legacy is evident worldwide. She died in the Netherlands in 1952.John Chattin-McNichols, Ph.D., is the President of the American Montessori Society and Professor of Education at Seattle University. He is the author and editor of several books on Montessori education.
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width139 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.