Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $10.48Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA younggirland her grandmother celebrate their home andrelationshipin this magical story. Winner of theParents' ChoiceAward! Come join Rosalba and her grandmother, her abuela, on a magical journey as theyfly over the streets, sights, and people of New York City which sparkles below. The story is narrated in English, and sprinkled with Spanish phrases asAbuela points out places that they explore together. The exhilaration inRosalba sand Abuela's story is magnified by the loving bond that only a grandmother and granddaughter can share. Also available in a Spanish-language edition (ISBN: 978-0-14-056226-2) A book to set any child dreaming...any reader can handle it, whether familiar with Spanish or t. It's just joyful. -The New York Times* A marvelous balancing of narrative simplicity with visual intricacy...the city is transformed into a treasure trove of jewels, dazzling the eye, uplifting the spirits. The Horn Book (starred review) * Each illustration is a masterpiece of color, line, and form that will mesmerize youngsters...The smooth text, interspersed with Spanish words and phrases, provides ample context clues...a jewel. Booklist (starred review) Dorros's text seamlessly weaves Spanish words and phrases into the English narrative, retaining a dramatic quality rarely found in bilingual picture books Publisher's WeeklyAn ALA Notable BookAn NCSS-CBC Children's Trade Book in the Field of Social StudiesA Library of Congress Children's Book of the YearAn American Booksellers Pick of the Lists selectionA BooklistEditor's ChoiceA Horn BookFanfare ListingWinner of the Parent's Choice AwardA Hungry Mind ReviewChildren's Books of Distinction List selectionA New York Public Library 100 Titles for Reading and Sharing selection
- Author BiographyArthur Dorros(arthurdorros.com) has enjoyed words, pictures, and books for as long as he can remember. A photograph taken when he was one and a half years old shows him eating a few. Some of his later experiences led to his creating books. When he was four years old he sat on the tail of a ten-foot long alligator. Fortunately the alligator had been well fed. Out of that adventure grew one of his first published books, Alligator Shoes. Since 1980, he has written and/or illustrated numerous popular titles about a broad variety of subjects from nonfiction, concept science books, to high-flying stories such as the award-winningAbuela.Before he started making books he did many things: he worked as a carpenter, teacher, farm worker, longshoreman, and photographer at various times. He loves to travel, learning about and meeting people, and discovering similarities and differences around the world. As a writer and illustrator he brings what he finds into his books. Mr. Dorros currently lives in Seattle, Washington, and enjoys visiting schools throughout the US and internationally to speak with students about telling their own stories. In addition to the much-appreciated reactions of his readers, his works have been selected as Reading Rainbow Books, ALA Notable Book, American Bookseller Pick of the Lists, NCSS Notable Trade Books in the Field of Social Studies, Parent's Choice Award, Storytime Public TV Selection, and BooklistEditors' Choice, among other commendations.
- Author(s)Arthur Dorros
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication29/05/1997
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Place of PublicationHawthorn
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- Out-of-print date11/08/2011
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width210 mm
- Height273 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Elisa Kleven
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.