All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHave you been putting bullion in your soup? Is incorrect spelling starting to have a negative affect on your term papers? Do you wonder what someone is inferring when they tell you to pick up a dictionary? These are just a few of the commonly misunderstood words discussed and explained in Abused, Confused, and Misused Words , an entertaining and informative look at the ever-changing nature of the English language. An alphabetical list of words that are frequently misspelled or misused is accompanied by a style guide to usage rules that tells you how and why they can be broken.
- Author BiographyMary Embree is an author, literary consultant, editor, book doctor, and writers' workshop leader. She is the founder of Small Publishers, Artists & Writers Network (SPAWN). A former film and television writer and researcher, she became a published author in the 1990s. Her most recent books are The Author's Toolkit: A Step-by-Step Guide to Writing and Publishing Your Book, a Writer's Digest Book Club selection now in its third edition, and Starting Your Career as a Freelance Editor, both published by Allworth Press.
- Author(s)Mary Embree
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication07/02/2013
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.