Abydos: Egypt's First Pharaohs and the Cult of Osiris by David O'Connor (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $50.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAbydos is one of the most fascinating and enigmatic sites in southern Egypt. As both the burial place of the first pharaohs and a cult centre for the god Osiris, it was of immense importance to the ancient Egyptians for thousands of years, from nearly 3000 BC until the early centuries ad, and continues to yield spectacular discoveries. In this volume, David OConr, the worlds greatest authority on Abydos, provides the most up-to-date and comprehensive account of the site's extraordinary history and tells the story of his own excavations there. This book will be of interest both to students and to anyone who ever has wondered about the origins of one of the greatest civilizations in world history.
- Author(s)David O'Connor
- PublisherThames & Hudson Ltd
- Date of Publication04/04/2011
- Series TitleNew Aspects of Antiquity
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThames & Hudson Ltd
- Content Note113 illustrations, 11 in colour
- Weight740 g
- Width186 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.