Academic Language in Diverse Classrooms: Definitions and Contexts by Margo H. Gottlieb, Gisela L. Ernst-Slavit (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $46.78Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $80.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis companion (foundational) book to the six-book series, Academic Language Demands for Language Learners: From Text to Context, encapsulates the broad ideas of the series by presenting the evolving theory behind the construct of academic language, a definition and examples of each of its components, and a template for direct classroom applicability. Each of the six books in the series is a more detailed, comprehensive treatment of text-based academic language at each grade level and describes the process by which teachers can incorporate academic language into their instructional assessment practices. This foundations book is suitable for use with any (or all) of the six volumes or can be used separately.
- Author BiographyMargo Gottlieb, Ph.D., is Co-founder and Lead Developer for WIDA at the Wisconsin Center for Education Research, University of Wisconsin- Madison and Director, Assessment and Evaluation, for the Illinois Resource Center. She has spearheaded the crafting of language development standards and has designed assessments, curricular frameworks, and instructional assessment systems for language learners. Starting her career as an inner city ESL and bilingual teacher in Chicago, she has since worked with thousands of educators to share in professional learning with states, school districts, publishers, governments, universities, and organizations. Margo has servied on numerous national and state expert panels, advisory boards, and committees. Throughout the years Margo has traveled extensively to present in American Samoa, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, the Commonweath of the Northern Mariana Islands, Finland, Guam, Italy, Jakarta, Mexico, Panama, Singapore, South Korea, Taipei, United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom as well as close to home across the United States. Margo's publications span over 60 articles, technical reports, monographs, chapters, and encyclopedia entries. Her most recent books include: Academic Language in Diverse Classrooms: Definitions and Contexts (with G. Ernst-Slavit, 2014), a foundational book for the series Promoting Content and Language Learning (a compendium of three mathematics and three English language arts volumes co-edited with G. Ernst-Slavit, 2014, 2013), Common Language Assessment for English Learners (2012), Paper to Practice: Using the TESOL's English Language Proficiency Standards in PreK-12 Classrooms (with A. Katz & G. Ernst-Slavit, 2009); and Assessment and Accountability in Language Education Programs: A Guide for Administrators and Teachers (with D. Nguyen, 2007). Gisela Ernst-Slavit, PhD, is a Professor in the College of Education at Washington State University Vancouver. She investigates language teacher education in culturally and linguistically diverse settings using ethnographic and sociolinguistic perspectives. In addition to other publications, she is co-author of Access to Academics: Planning Instruction for K-12 Classrooms with ELLs (Pearson, 2010), From Paper to Practice: Using the TESOL's English Language Proficiency Standards in PreK-12 Classrooms (TESOL, 2009), and TESOL PreK-12 English Language Proficiency Standards (TESOL, 2006). Dr. Ernst-Slavit, a native from Peru, has given numerous presentations in the United States and Canada as well as in Japan, Pakistan, Peru, Spain, Thailand, and The Netherlands.
- Author(s)Gisela L. Ernst-Slavit,Margo H. Gottlieb
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, figures
- Weight517 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.