Academic Language in Diverse Classrooms: English Language Arts, Grades 3-5: Promoting Content and Language Learning by Margo H. Gottlieb, Gisela Ernst-Slavit (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.35Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $54.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIncreasingly as important to educators as the Common Core State Standards, the new national anchor for curriculum, instruction and assessment have set a high bar of rigorous and challenging content. While most educational researchers and practitioners agree that that mastery of academic language is the key to students' academic success, many teachers are t well-versed in its major components and need to learn how to integrate them into curriculum and instructional assessment. One of a seven book series, this text gives guidance to educators in how to target academic language in planning for student learning for grades 3-5. It provides a concise, logical, and practical approach to identifying grade-level academic language associated with the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts, academic content standards, as well as English Language Proficiency Standard, to readily incorporate into teaching and learning.
- Author BiographyMargo Gottlieb, Ph.D., is Co-founder and Lead Developer for WIDA at the Wisconsin Center for Education Research, University of Wisconsin- Madison and Director, Assessment and Evaluation, for the Illinois Resource Center. She has spearheaded the crafting of language development standards and has designed assessments, curricular frameworks, and instructional assessment systems for language learners. Starting her career as an inner city ESL and bilingual teacher in Chicago, she has since worked with thousands of educators to share in professional learning with states, school districts, publishers, governments, universities, and organizations. Margo has servied on numerous national and state expert panels, advisory boards, and committees. Throughout the years Margo has traveled extensively to present in American Samoa, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, the Commonweath of the Northern Mariana Islands, Finland, Guam, Italy, Jakarta, Mexico, Panama, Singapore, South Korea, Taipei, United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom as well as close to home across the United States. Margo's publications span over 60 articles, technical reports, monographs, chapters, and encyclopedia entries. Her most recent books include: Academic Language in Diverse Classrooms: Definitions and Contexts (with G. Ernst-Slavit, 2014), a foundational book for the series Promoting Content and Language Learning (a compendium of three mathematics and three English language arts volumes co-edited with G. Ernst-Slavit, 2014, 2013), Common Language Assessment for English Learners (2012), Paper to Practice: Using the TESOL's English Language Proficiency Standards in PreK-12 Classrooms (with A. Katz & G. Ernst-Slavit, 2009); and Assessment and Accountability in Language Education Programs: A Guide for Administrators and Teachers (with D. Nguyen, 2007). Gisela Ernst-Slavit, PhD, is a Professor in the College of Education at Washington State University Vancouver. She investigates language teacher education in culturally and linguistically diverse settings using ethnographic and sociolinguistic perspectives. In addition to other publications, she is co-author of Access to Academics: Planning Instruction for K-12 Classrooms with ELLs (Pearson, 2010), From Paper to Practice: Using the TESOL's English Language Proficiency Standards in PreK-12 Classrooms (TESOL, 2009), and TESOL PreK-12 English Language Proficiency Standards (TESOL, 2006). Dr. Ernst-Slavit, a native from Peru, has given numerous presentations in the United States and Canada as well as in Japan, Pakistan, Peru, Spain, Thailand, and The Netherlands.
- Author(s)Gisela Ernst-Slavit,Margo H. Gottlieb
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication12/11/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white)
- Weight454 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.