All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe focus of this book is the use of genre-based approaches to teaching academic writing. Genre-based courses enable second language learners to integrate their linguistic, organisational and contextual kwledge in a variety of different tasks. The book reviews pedagogical approaches to genre through English for Specific Purposes and Systemic Functional Linguistics to present a synthesis of the current research being undertaken in the field. From this theoretical base, Ian Bruce proposes a new model of genre-based approaches to academic writing, and analyses the ways in which this can be implemented in pedagogy and curriculum design. Academic Writing and Genre is a cutting-edge mograph which will be essential reading for researchers in applied linguistics.
- Author BiographyIan Bruce is Lecturer in Applied Linguistics at the University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand.
- Author(s)Ian Bruce
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication24/01/2008
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight465 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.