All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGrab a seat at The Acadiana Table and explore a cuisine and culture filled with flavor. In this 125-recipe, beautifully photographed regional cookbook, Louisiana native George Graham welcomes home cooks and food lovers to the world of Cajun and Creole cooking. The Acadiana region of southwest Louisiana, where this unique cuisine has its roots, is a journey into a fascinating culinary landscape. Filled with many of the standard dishes expected in a Louisiana cookbook, Acadiana Table also includes brand-new recipes, techniques, and an exploration into the culture, geography, and history of this distinctive area. Fans of Louisiana are sure to love this cookbook, even if they've been cooking Creole and Cajun for years. Book chapters include: - First You Make a Roux - Sunrise in Acadiana - Simmering Black Pots - A Little Lagniappe on the Side - Farm Fresh - The Cajun/Creole Coast - If it Flies, It Fries - Meats and the Mastery of the Boucherie - Sweet Surrender
- Author BiographyGeorge Graham has lived in South Louisiana for all his life. He has been an avid student, chronicler, and photographer of the region's culture and culinary traditions. Born into a restaurant family and a former restaurateur himself, he has written about Cajun and Creole cuisine for newspapers, magazines, and he has been a finalist on television's Food Network Challenge. In 2013 he launched the blog Acadiana Table: George Graham's Stories of Louisiana Cooking and Cajun/Creole Culture, which already has been a finalist for Best Food Blog: Regional Cuisine in Saveurmagazine's 2014 Best Food Blog Awards and also for Best Food Blog in the 2015 IACP Digital Media Awards--a remarkable record for such a young blog.
- Author(s)George Graham
- PublisherHarvard Common Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/10/2016
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationBoston, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Common Press,U.S.
- Content Note130 color photos
- Weight1338 g
- Width241 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.