All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionSpeed in acquiring the kwledge and skills to perform tasks is crucial. Yet, it still ordinarily takes many years to achieve high proficiency in countless jobs and professions, in government, business, industry, and throughout the private sector. There would be great advantages if regimens of training could be established that could accelerate the achievement of high levels of proficiency. This book discusses the construct of 'accelerated learning.' It includes a review of the research literature on learning acquisition and retention, focus on establishing what works, and why. This includes several demonstrations of accelerated learning, with specific ideas, plans and roadmaps for doing so. The impetus for the book was a tasking from the Defense Science and Techlogy Advisory Group, which is the top level Science and Techlogy policy-making panel in the Department of Defense. However, the book uses both military and n-military exemplar case studies. It is likely that methods for acceleration will leverage techlogies and capabilities including virtual training, cross-training, training across strategic and tactical levels, and training for resilience and adaptivity. This volume provides a wealth of information and guidance for those interested in the concept or phemen of accelerating learning - in education, training, psychology, academia in general, government, military, or industry.
- Author BiographyRobert R. Hoffman is a Senior Research Scientist at the Florida Institute for Human and Machine Cognition in Pensacola, Florida. Paul Ward is Professor of Psychology and Head of the Centre for Sports Science and Human Performance at the University of Greenwich, UK. Paul J. Feltovich is a Research Scientist at the Florida Institute for Human and Machine Cognition in Pensacola, Florida. Lia DiBello, Ph.D., is the CEO and Director of Research at WTRInc., a cognitive sciences research firm that develops products for enhancing business decision-making. Stephen M. Fiore, Ph.D., is President of the Interdisciplinary Network for Group Research, a faculty member in the University of Central Florida's Cognitive Sciences Program in the Department of Philosophy, and Director of the Cognitive Sciences Laboratory at UCF's Institute for Simulation and Training. Dee H. Andrews is a Senior Research Psychologist with the Army Research Institute for the Behavioral and Social Sciences in Mesa, Arizona.
- Author(s)Dee H. Andrews,Lia Dibello,Paul J. Feltovich,Paul Ward,Robert R. Hoffman,Stephen M. Fiore
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/08/2013
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleExpertise: Research and Applications Series
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPsychology Press Ltd
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 20 black & white tables, 7 black & white line drawings
- Weight635 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.