About this product
- DescriptionStrategies for achieving first-to-market status with each new product Project management excellence is essential if your organization is to gain the competitive edge that comes with being first to market. Accelerated Project Management shows how you can reduce time on all your product development projects without adding unnecessary risk or cost. James P. Lewis and Louis Wong, two of todayis leaders in project management invation, detail tools and techniques you can use to: * Avoid the enemies of project speed, from excessive project size to poor planning, insufficient resources, and perfectionism* Prioritize projects, creating a top-down sense of urgency and importance* Establish an Invation Project Office (IPO) to act as a key linkage between strategy and implementation, and provide early warning when projects are losing focus and control Project leaders at top companies from Hewlett Packard to Cisco have discovered that to increase product development speed they must create clear product roadmaps, involve manufacturing in the process from square one, and eliminate rework through stringent quality standards and double-checks. Accelerated Project Management will show you how to adopt and improve upon these techniques in your organization, and dramatically increase project speed without sacrificing end-product quality in todayis high-stakes new product development race.
- Author BiographyJames P. Lewis is president of The Lewis Institute, Inc. Dr. Lewis is the author of a number of influential books, including Project Planning, Scheduling, and Control. Louis Wong is director of corporate quality assurance for Creative Technology in Singapore.
- Author(s)James P. Lewis,Louis Wong
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication30/11/2004
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Publishing Co.
- Out-of-print date22/10/2007
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight312 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.37New
- AU $21.29New
- AU $24.95New
- AU $20.04New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.91New
- AU $11.60Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.80New
- AU $32.15New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $21.29
- AU $20.22Trending at AU $25.16
- AU $21.90Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $31.02Trending at AU $31.92
- AU $79.24Trending at AU $90.01
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.51
- AU $41.88Trending at AU $42.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.