Accelerating AIX: Performance Tuning for Programmers and System Administrators by Rudy Chukran (Paperback, 1985)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $77.63Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReengineering and Total Quality Management promised dramatic improvements in profit, efficiency, and quality, but a number of TQM initiatives ended in failure as a result of an incorrect or incomplete implementation process. Here is a book that will help put the odds on your side by giving you specific skills and experience-based advice for successfully planning and implementing process design. Comprehensive in scope, this book integrates the three major approaches to process redesign -- benchmarking, continuous improvement, and reengineering -- showing how to combine them for maximum effectiveness. It explains the circumstances for which each approach is appropriate and describes how to apply each specific technique effectively. The book also points out the many potential pitfalls that can impede even the most well thought out program. You will find detailed and methodical coverage of such topics as defining processes, measuring performance, reducing cycle times, team building, benchmarking, the critical success factors for reengineering, and much more. Numerous examples from many different industries demonstrate concepts and techniques in action, illustrate common mistakes, and provide a model for successful implementation that you can apply to your own organization. The information is presented in an accessible format, with guidelines, checklists, worksheets, discussion questions, and clear graphics to help you absorb essential information quickly and apply it successfully.
- Author BiographyRudy Chukran has been working with AIX since its creation in 1983. Currently, he works for IBM as a technical consultant advising customers using the AIX system platform. His advice covers all aspects of troubleshootingaefrom solving compiler problems to analyzing system performance problems. In addition, he has presented numerous professional seminars on AIX performance. Some of the companies that have taken advantage of his expertise are Oracle, Informix, Sybase, SDRC, Dow Jones, Halliburton, and Computervision. 0201633825AB04062001
- Author(s)Rudy Chukran
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication29/01/1985
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight444 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.