All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book reconfigurable computing with FPGAs is discussed as an alternative to multi-core processing and graphics card accelerators. Instead of adjusting the application to the hardware, FPGAs allow the hardware to also be adjusted to the problem. Acceleration-of Biomedical Image Processing With FPGAs covers the transformation of image processing algorithms towards a system of deep pipelines that can be executed with very high parallelism. The transformation process is discussed from initial design decisions to working implementations. Two example applications from stochastic localization microscopy and electron tomography illustrate the approach further. Topics discussed in the book include: Reconfigurable hardware; Dataflow computing; Image processing; Application acceleration.
- Author BiographyFrederik Griill and Udo Kebschull, both Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany Short compute times are crucial for timely diagnostics in biomedical applications, but lead to a high demand in computing for new and improved imaging techniques.
- Author(s)Frederik Grull,Udo Kebschull
- PublisherRiver Publishers
- Date of Publication28/07/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationGistrup
- Country of PublicationDenmark
- ImprintRiver Publishers
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.