All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIf you're a foreign speaker trying to prounce American English, you may be pushing yourself too hard. There's really where to go and seemingly thing left to do. You're stuck with twisted tions of how Americans are supposed to sound. Your aspirations are turning into a real tragedy that plays itself out every time someone asks where you are from. This accent reduction manual flies in the face of conventional wisdom. It takes the responsibility off your shoulders. The vowel and consonant suggestions quickly add up, and in only a handful of scheduled lessons, you'll see that your dreams of clear speech need t be brushed aside. This program is supported by a free series of YouTube videos and limited to exactly what you need to improve. Your hopes will rise like a sun over the morning horizon. Study in the privacy of your own home, perhaps enjoying a double mocha latte as you pick up the basics of clear American speech.
- Author BiographyMy students get tired of hearing this story, but it really happened. As a young actor from New York City, I found myself getting verbally cuffed by casting directors over my thick accent. It was one big unavoidable mess, and I was unfortunately in the middle of it. The whole thing was a rain cloud over my acting career. I grew tired and distant. I studied with several speech coaches, yet I often felt like I skipped a lesson somewhere, because the way they sounded didn't reflect what I heard in the media. After learning the basics of the phonetic alphabet, I turned the volume up on my television and analyzed how Americans truly pronounce their vowels and consonants. This combination of book-learning and ruthless appraisal opened the doors to understanding the American accent. My own accent became a virtual non-issue. I began coaching, then in the nineties I started as an instructor in the Los Angeles City College system. Nearly two decades later, the fundamentals of the American Accent are now at your disposal.
- Author(s)Ivan Borodin
- Date of Publication01/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight82 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.