All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionAn engrossing profile of an extraordinary guidance counselor who helps kids get into the right colleges through focusing on self- awareness Gwyeth Smith, kwn as Smitty, is a nationally rewned guidance counselor who believes that getting into college should be a kid's first great moment of self-discovery. In Acceptance, David L. Marcus, Pulitzer Prize-winning former education writer for U.S. News & World Report, spins an absorbing narrative of a year in the lives of Smitty and his kids. At a diverse public school in Long Island, New York, Smitty works his unique magic on students' applications and their lives, helping them find the right college by figuring out who they are, rather than focusing on what their test scores, grades, and finances reflect. Loaded with advice that readers can apply to their own college searches, Acceptance is a book that thousands of students and their parents will find indispensable.
- Author BiographyDavid L. Marcus is the author of What It Takes to Pull Me Through, a look at the secret lives of teenagers. He has been an education writer and foreign correspondent at U.S. News & World Report, The Boston Globe, the Miami Herald, and The Dallas Morning News, where he was the co-winner of a Pulitzer Prize. After a stint as a high school teacher, he returned to journalism as a writer for Newsday. A graduate of Brown University, Marcus was a Nieman Fellow at Harvard. He frequently speaks to schools, churches, and community groups about adolescence, education, and college admissions.
- Author(s)David L Marcus
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication29/06/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Weight249 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.