All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEnsure your students have access to the authoritative and in-depth content of this popular and trusted A Level History series. For over twenty years Access to History has been providing students with reliable, engaging and accessible content on a wide range of topics. Each title in the series provides comprehensive coverage of different history topics on current AS and A2 level history specifications, alongside exam-style practice questions and tips to help students achieve their best. The series: - Ensures students gain a good understanding of the AS and A2 level history topics through an engaging, in-depth and up-to-date narrative, presented in an accessible way. - Aids revision of the key A level history topics and themes through frequent summary diagrams - Gives support with assessment, both through the books providing exam-style questions and tips for AQA, Edexcel and OCR A level history specifications and through FREE model answers with supporting commentary at Access to History online (www.accesstohistory.co.uk) The USA and Vietnam 1945-75 This title provides a thorough and lucid account of America's involvement in Vietnam during the period 1945-75. It starts with an introduction to the events that led to France's withdrawal from Vietnam and US support of Diem's government and goes on to examine how the conflict escalated and the USA became fully involved. The book also looks at the pressure for peace on the US home front and how this had an impact on the eventual withdrawal and fallout from the war. The role of key figures in the conflict, both American presidents and Vietnamese leaders, is analysed throughout.
- Author BiographyVivienne Sanders has written extensively and successfully on American history in the Access to History series. She taught A Level History for over 30 years, mostly in independent schools, and is now retired.
- Author(s)Vivienne Sanders
- PublisherHodder Education
- Date of Publication27/04/2007
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleAccess to History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Education
- Content Noteblack and white photos and diagrams
- Weight412 g
- Width175 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.