All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an important contribution to recovering a nuanced, contextually aware view of access to kwledge and global kwledge governance Yochaie Benkler, Harvard Law School This is a 'must read' for scholars and practioners interested in ecomic devlopment, cultural production and access to kwledge Susan Sell, George Washington University This volume features five chapters on current issues facing intellectual property, invation and development policy from the Egyptian perspective. These include: information and communications techlogy for development, copyright and comparative business models in music, free and open source software, patent reform and access to medicines, and the role of the Egyptian government in promoting access to kwledge internationally and domestically. Together these chapters offer an overview of the challenges and opportunities facing efforts to promote access to kwledge. Combining both theoretical and pragmatic approaches, the work will be of interest to scholars and practitioners dealing with intellectual property and invation property the world over.
- Author BiographyNagla Rizk is Associate Professor of Economics at The American University in Cairo. Lea Shaver is an Associate Research Scholar and Lecturer in Law at Yale Law School.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication14/01/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleAccess to Knowledge
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byLea Shaver,Nagla Rizk
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.