Access with Attitude: An Advocate's Guide to Freedom of Information in Ohio by Karl Idsvoog, Ohio University Press, David Marburger (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.90Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $61.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDuring my eight years as editor of Cleveland's Plain Dealer, I speed-dialed Marburger's phone number whenever an access problem loomed. Access with Attitude isn't quite that, but it's the next best thing. It belongs on every bookshelf in Ohio. .Doug Clifton -- former editor, Plain Dealer.For those who find themselves in a battle for public records,Access with Attitude: An Advocate's Guide to Freedom of Information in Ohio is an indispensable weapon. First Amendment lawyer David Marburger and investigative journalist Karl Idsvoog have written a simply worded, practical guide on how to take full advantage of Ohio's so-called Sunshine Laws. .Journalists, law firms, labor unions, private investigators, genealogists, realty companies, banks, insurers--anyone who regularly needs access to publicly held information--will find this comprehensive and contentious guide to be invaluable. Marburger, who drafted many of the provisions that Ohio adopted in its open records law, and coauthor Idsvoog have been fighting for broader access to public records their entire careers. They offer field-tested tips on how to avoid , and advise readers on legal strategies if their requests for information go unmet. Step by step, they show how to avoid delays and make the law work. .Whether you're a citizen, a nprofit organization, a journalist, or an attorney going after public records, Access with Attitude is an essential resource.
- Author BiographyDavid Marburger specializes in First Amendment, libel, and media law. He received his J.D. from the University of Pittsburgh and his B.S. from Syracuse University.
Karl Idsvoog is an associate professor of journalism at Kent State University. He is an award-winning investigative reporter and producer and conducts training for media development for the U.S. Department of State, IREX, Internews, the International Center for Journalists, and Radio Free Asia.
- Author(s)David Marburger,Karl Idsvoog,Ohio University Press
- PublisherOhio University Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2011
- SubjectLaw for the Layman
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOhio University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight385 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $56.86Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.