All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a state-of-the-art look at the applied biomechanics of accidental injury and prevention. The editors, Drs. Narayan Yoganandan, Alan M. Nahum and John W. Melvin are recognized international leaders and researchers in injury biomechanics, prevention and trauma medicine. They have assembled rewned researchers as authors for 29 chapters to cover individual aspects of human injury assessment and prevention. This third edition is thoroughly revised and expanded with new chapters in different fields. Topics covered address automotive, aviation, military and other environments. Field data collection; injury coding/scaling; injury epidemiology; mechanisms of injury; human tolerance to injury; simulations using experimental, complex computational models (finite element modeling) and statistical processes; anthropomorphic test device design, development and validation for crashworthiness applications in topics cited above; and current regulations are covered. Risk functions and injury criteria for various body regions are included. Adult and pediatric populations are addressed. The exhaustive list of references in many areas along with the latest developments is valuable to all those involved or intend to pursue this important topic on human injury biomechanics and prevention. The expanded edition will interest a variety of scholars and professionals including physicians, biomedical researchers in many disciplines, basic scientists, attorneys and jurists involved in accidental injury cases and governmental bodies. It is hoped that this book will foster multidisciplinary collaborations by medical and engineering researchers and academicians and practicing physicians for injury assessment and prevention and stimulate more applied research, education and training in the field of accidental-injury causation and prevention.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication19/11/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note246 black & white illustrations, 143 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight2011 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edited byAlan M. Nahum,John W. Melvin,Narayan Yoganandan
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.68Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $21.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.92
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.