Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
About this product
- DescriptionTwo families, THOMAS, ABDULLAH'S, living in different countries, Aneon and Api - how conflict and death changes beliefs. Thomas's are powerful, live wealthily under democracy, rearing their four children. The Abdullah's, with seven children, live in poverty, subjugated under Sadammon, a ruthless, dictatorial leader who is overthrown, later, under the Aneons. Haaroon, the eldest brother, dies in prison, leaving the other brother GHAALIB wanting revenge and setting in motion events that almost destroy both families. Wealth and poverty pales when a loved one dies, the vacuum - hatred. The story is about conflict - how it affects two families; ultimately, nearly destroying them both. The vel will appeal to anyone interested in people and the way war changes attitudes and beliefs, each side believing they are so different, and so right, yet in reality, each is the same, each believing that God is always on their side. This is t about war, per se, but about how war affects two families - t glamorous - t heroic. Not who is right, or who is wrong - for the great leveller of life is destruction of one's family, for everyone feels the same raw emotions when death kcks on their door; irrespective of where they live, or of how much wealth they possess, or of how they are brought up. The vel depicts human nature - at its best - at its worse, with numerous shades in-between over a number of years. How these two families handle emotional turmoil and family loss.
- Author(s)Roy Tomkinson
- Date of Publication16/11/2010
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight513 g
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.