Accidentals Happen! a Compilation of Scales for Bass Twenty-Six Scales in One (1) Octave: Major & Minor, Modes, Dominant 7th, Pentatonic & Ethnic, Diminished & Augmented, Whole Tone, Jazz & Blues, Chromatic by William H Somach (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionACCIDENTALS HAPPEN! is a diverse scale book which includes scales from classical, jazz, blues and a variety of world music traditions. In this book are 26 scales tated in all 15 key signatures. The scales in this book are: Major, Harmonic & Melodic Mir, Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian (Dominant 7th), Aeolian (Natural Mir) & Locrian Modes, Major & Mir Pentatonic Scales, Spanish/Jewish, Hungarian Mir, Arabic, Hindu, Augmented, Lydian Augmented, Major & Mir Diminished, Whole Tone & Diminished Whole Tone, Harmonic Major, Blues, Bebop, Lydian Dominant & Chromatic scales. All scales in this book are tated in ONE OCTAVE. It includes reference material on 25 scales, the Circle of Fifths, key signatures & enharmonic equivalents. Half steps are shown in all scales where applicable. It is designed for classically-trained double bassists and bassists who have t yet gone past first position or do t intend to. Great for group teachers of younger students who need all scales in the book standardized to one octave. A great initial preparation for improvisation. Also great for learning basic lower-position fingerboard geography with tation on a 4-string electric bass.
- Author BiographyWILLIAM H. SOMACH is a professional violist/violinist/fiddler based in Southwest Florida. He received conservatory-level training on viola & violin at Indiana University, where he also earned a bachelor's degree in Journalism. He works professionally as a freelance classical musician in orchestras & small ensembles and improvises on fiddle in various non-classical styles of music. He also has years of experience working in administration at a summer music camp.
- Author(s)William H Somach
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication24/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.