Accounting Theory: Conceptual Issues in a Political and Economic Environment by James L. Dodd, John J. Rozycki, Harry I. Wolk (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $222.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $198.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn extensive overview of accounting theory concepts and application Balancing accounting theory with practical issues, the Eighth Edition of Accounting Theory: Conceptual Issues in a Political and Ecomic Environment continues to clearly identify the conceptual elements of accounting theory and apply those elements to practice. The book provides an important overview of accounting and financial issues in ecomic and political contexts, providing students with a strong conceptual framework. Features of the Seventh EditionContinues to provides a solid introduction to international accounting issues citing top academic journalsRelates more theoretical issues to real world examples coming from the popular news mediaPlaces greater emphasis on principles based as opposed to rules-based standardsIncludes more pedagogical features such as questions, cases, problems, and writing assignmentsA'many from corporate annual reportsOffers a historical perspective of accounting standards Instructor Resources Available to adopting instructors, these resources include answers to end-of-chapter materials, chapter summaries, test banks, PowerPoint slides for selected chapter highlights, and much more. Intended AudienceBoth undergraduate and graduate-level students of accounting theory will gain a solid foundation of and new insights into the history and development of accounting theory and the accounting field in general.
- Author BiographyHarry I. Wolk (1930-2009) held a BS in economics from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and MBA and PhD degrees from Michigan State University. He was the author or co-author of approximately 25 journal articles, including publications in the Accounting Review, Journal of Accounting Research, Accounting Horizons, and the International Journal of Accounting. He was the lead author of seven editions of Accounting Theory: Conceptual Issues in a Political and Economic Environment. He previously taught at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and was the Aliber Distinguished Professor of Accounting at Drake University, where he taught for 32 years. He also visited Creighton University, where he was John P. Begley Professor of Accounting. He was a member of the American Accounting Association and Financial Executives International, where he served as president of the Iowa Chapter. Outside of accounting, his interests were in following national and world affairs closely, listening to classical music, and following the fortunes of the Boston Red Sox, Boston Celtics, and the New England Patriots. James L. Dodd, Professor Emeritus of Accounting at Drake University, holds a BS in accounting from California State University-Fresno, an MBA from the University of South Alabama, and a PhD from the University of Georgia, with a major in accounting and a minor in information systems. Before entering academe, Dr. Dodd worked for 15 years in the shipbuilding, aircraft-engine, and diesel-engine filtration industries. His assignments at Litton, Teledyne, and Cummins included experience in industrial engineering, capital budgeting, profit planning, product pricing, cost accounting, long-range systems planning, and accounting controllerships at plant and corporate levels. He is a Fulbright Scholar alumnus, participating in academic exchanges with Norway (1999-2000) and Iceland (2007). His teaching and research include areas in accounting theory, fraud examination, and international accounting. On a personal level, he enjoys working with his hands, listening to bluegrass music, watching SEC sports, and volunteering as an AARP-IRS tax aide. He is a Southerner, born in Birmingham, Alabama, married to his college sweetheart for 48+ years; he has one daughter and two grandchildren. John J. Rozycki, Associate Professor of Finance at Drake University, holds a BS in biology from King's College, an MBA from the University of Scranton, and a PhD from Penn State University, with a major in finance. Before pursuing his doctoral education, Dr. Rozycki worked in the health care planning and telecommunications industries. He teaches corporate finance and equity valuation. His professional interests are in equity and business valuation, corporate capital allocation decisions, financial planning, financing decisions, and financial statement analysis. He is a member of the CFA Institute, the CFA Society of Iowa, the Financial Management Association, and the Midwest Finance Association. He is a CFA charterholder. He was born in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, and is married with two sons. He is active in his church and enjoys the outdoors.
- Author(s)Harry I. Wolk,James L. Dodd,John J. Rozycki
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication20/10/2012
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Out-of-print date30/06/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1456 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.