Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $66.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEarth, 2287: After untold thousands of years of bloodshed, humanity is finally at peace. War has been banished by the science of genetics, tempering mankind's violence, but t our desire to explore the worlds of other suns. However, there are others among the stars who seek our destruction. Facing annihilation, and without military leadership, those of the 23rd century must reach across the sea of time, plucking five Second World War aces from the heat of battle, to train and lead the young and aggressive outcasts of humanity's Second Enlightenment in the art of aerial combat. Fact meets fiction in a story that weaves the biographies of five actual WW II pilots-Douglas Bader-GB, Gregory Boyington-US, Adolf Galland-D, Lydia Litvyak-USSR, and Saburo Sakai-J-into this fast-paced tale of adventure. Praise for Ace of Aces Chris Berman has written an imaginative and original vel, casting real historical figures into an almost unimaginable future war. Ace of Aces is great fun for both science fiction and aviation buffs. -Dr. Reina Pennington, PhD-History. Former US Air Force officer and author of Wings, Women and War: Soviet Airwomen in World War II Combat- Chris Berman has crafted a fascinating scenario in which the skill and bravery of twentieth century warriors is t only esteemed three centuries in the future, but considered indispensable. Indeed, in Berman's carefully crafted future world, the heroes and heroines of the past are considered with such high regard, that they are imported into the future to fight the battles of the twenty-fourth century. Berman does an excellent job of capturing the individual personalities of his multi-national corps of real World War II fighter aces who are w tasked with the incredible mission of saving the future. -- Bill Yenne (author of The White Rose of Stalingrad: The Real-Life Adventure of Lidiya Litvyak, and Aces High: The Heroic Story of the Two Top-Scoring American Aces of World War II).
- Author(s)Chris Berman
- PublisherLeo Publishing, LLC.
- Date of Publication07/01/2013
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLeo Publishing, LLC.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1057 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byRob Bignell
- Illustrator(s)Zachary Havas
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $28.84New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.40New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $113.12New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.83
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $29.41
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.40
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.71
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.47
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $92.43
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $14.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.