Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.90Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by marlowes_books
- Est. delivery by 29 Jan
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPoker is hotter than ever. Here is the inside story of the colourful pros who live and breathe high-stakes betting 24 hours a day, whether in a televised tournament, buying into a private game of -limit Texas Hold 'Em in the smoky room of a LA casi, or making spontaneous GBP30k bets on the front nine of the golf course. Poker pros are t like us! They have instincts, abilities - t to mention a taste and tolerance for risk - at which most of us can only marvel. The book profiles the game's fifteen most influential players, from the legends of the West Texas school - Puggy Pearson, World Series of Poker winner Doyle Brunson and Amarillo Slim - to the new crop, men such as Daniel Negreanu, who live in MTV-style 'cribs' and hold court with the likes of Leo DiCaprio. Though they came to poker in different ways, all were prodigies - discovering their talent and passion for gambling at a very young age. Based on first-hand interviews and unprecedented access to the players, they reveal their early days, career ups and downs and gambling style, plus the secrets of their winning moves.
- Author BiographyMichael Kaplan is a writer in New York. He has written extensively about gambling for Sports Illustrated and Smart Money. He also writes a gambling column for Cigar Aficionado. Brad Reagan, also based in New York, has written about poker for the Wall Street Journal, Las Vegas Life and Men's Journal.
- Author(s)Brad Reagan,Michael A. Kaplan
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication23/02/2006
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobinson Publishing
- Out-of-print date07/09/2012
- Weight290 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.