All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionThe air battles of the Second World War were fought ferociously and with extraordinary skill and courage on both fronts. The fighter pilots of the Luftwaffe, the jagdfliegern, in fact outscored their Allied counterparts by some margin and were some of the highest scoring fighter pilots of all time. More than a hundred recorded a century of aerial successes with two going on to surpass a quite astonishing 300 victories. In the end, the vast effort required by the Luftwaffe to maintain the air war on so many fronts proved too much and few jagdfliegern survived the last days of the Reich but their courage and ability was beyond question, and the names of some will live on in the annals of air warfare with their extraordinary achievements never to be surpassed. In Luftwaffe Fighter Aces, Peter Jacobs examines the many campaigns fought by the Luftwaffe from its fledgling days during the Spanish Civil War to its last days defending the Reich, and includes the exploits of Erich Hartmann, the highest scoring fighter pilot of all time, Hans-Joachim Marseille, the Star of Africa, Werner Molders, the first recipient of the Diamonds, and Adolf Galland, perhaps the most famous of all.
- Author BiographyPETER JACOBS joined the RAF in 1977 and served as an air defence navigator on the F4 Phantom and Tornado F3, and completed staff tours at HQ 11 Group, HQ Strike Command and the MoD. Peter has written several history books including Stay the Distance: The Life and Times of Marshal of the Royal Air Force Sir Michael Beetham.
- Author(s)Peter Jacobs
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrontline Books
- Content Note16pp of plates
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.