All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMethods of improving business processes are developed on an ongoing basis, but few are successful. Common problems encountered include the failure of processes to meet expectations and the inability to sustain or replicate these business processes. Involvement of personnel at grassroots level, as well as at management level, is essential in implementing effective process improvement methods. The authors present a step-by-step approach to the issue of effective process improvement, offering more than 200 tips and guidelines as well as addressing specific common problems and issues. The strategy presented is to take a broad and intuitive, but learned view of process improvement methods, and the tactics expounded are based on guidelines, common faults, and lessons learned. The authors disparage process improvement operations that depend on jargon and the support of just upper management, and promote grassroots involvement and self-sustaining measurement, making this an essential guide for all with involvement in process improvement.
- Author BiographyBennet Lientz has taught and consulted on project management for the past 28 years to more than 5000 people. He developed the concept of the management critical path, acted as project manager of the Internet, and turned around 10 failing projects. This Second Edition is Lientz' seventh book; he has also written more than 25 articles in various areas of project management. Kathryn P. Rea is president and founder of The Consulting Edge, Inc., which was established in 1984. The firm specializes in E-Business, process improvement, project management, and financial consulting. Rea has managed more than 65 major technology-related projects internationally. She has advised on and carried out projects in government, engergy, banking and finance, distribution, trading, retailing, transportation, mining, manufacturing, and utilities. She is the author of eight books and more than 20 articles in various areas of information systems and analysis.
- Author(s)Bennet P. Lientz,Kathryn P. Rea
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication10/06/2002
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.