All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis publication constitutes a selection of papers presented at the 6
th International Symposium on the Acquisition of Second Language Speech, New Sounds 2010, held in Poznan, Poland. It consists of two volumes, presenting state-of-the-art achievements and perspectives for future research related to the acquisition of second language phonetics and phology. The key issues include the development of explanatory frameworks of phological SLA, the expanded scope of domains under investigation, modern methods applied in phological research, and a new take on the causal variables related to ultimate proficiency in L2 speech. This second volume contains a selection of 26 articles that cover a wide variety of themes including L2 speech perception and production, segmental and prosodic features, as well as factors related to individual variability and foreign accent.
- Author BiographyMagdalena Wrembel is assistant professor at Adam Mickiewicz University (AMU), Poznan (Poland), and her research areas involve SLA of speech, phonological acquisition of the third language, language awareness and innovative trends in pronunciation pedagogy. Malgorzata Kul is assistant professor at AMU interested in metaphonology, articulatory effort and phonological processes, in particular lenition in both speech and writing. Katarzyna Dziubalska-Kolaczyk is professor and head of the School of English AMU. She has published extensively on phonology, phonetics and second language acquisition advocating the Natural Linguistic approach to language.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication09/06/2011
- Series TitlePolish Studies in English Language & Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number32
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note99, tables and graphs
- Weight540 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byKatarzyna Dziubalska-Kolaczyk,Magdalena Wrembel,Malgorzata Kul
- Contained items statement2 Hardbacks
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.