Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a guide that leads the reader through many aspects of a library's collection including the user, current holdings, selection, and acquisition of new materials. The reader is also led to consider budgets, and how books are made available in 21st century markets. Methods for assessing library vendors are described. Practical details are frequently included; concepts and theory are alluded to but are t a major emphasis of the text. A global scope creates an inclusive mood for readers in developed or developing nations. The final chapter speculates upon acquisitions librarianship in the 21st century, on influences of biotechlogy, natechlogy, and increased computerization. This is a fundamental book for the student or practicing librarian, a book that shares much about acquisitions but admits an uncertainty about the evolution of the profession.
- Author BiographyJim Agee is the Technical Services Manager for Acquisitions and Serials at the University of Northern Colorado. He brings a dozen years of daily acquisitions experience to this position and this text. Agee taught graduate courses in Selection and Acquisitions for several years, he directed an ALA accredited MLS program, has given acquisitions seminars in Sofia, Bulgaria; Manila, Philippines; Pretoria, South Africa, and has travelled extensively visiting libraries in the US and other nations. Agee has written numerous articles and presented papers on librarianship, frequently focusing on acquisitions. He is involved with the American Library Association's ALCTS and IRRT, and is a personal member of IFLA. Agee also serves as Editor of the Colorado Association of Libraries' quarterly publication, Colorado Libraries. BA: Business Management, MS: Aviation Safety Management, MA: English, MLS: Library and Information Management.
- Author(s)Jim Agee
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication01/02/2007
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleChandos Information Professional Series
- Place of PublicationOXford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChandos Publishing (Oxford) Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight250 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.