All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionProvocative and nuanced, these essays, newly written for this anthology, offer fresh perspectives on Aboriginal literatures today. Across Cultures/Across Borders is a collection of new critical essays, interviews, and writings by twenty-five established and emerging Canadian Aboriginal and Native American scholars and creative writers across Turtle Island (North America). Together, these original works illustrate the diverse but interconnecting kwledges of today's Aboriginal scholars and creative writers. The writings represent ather step in a trajectory of intellectual and creative voices that offer powerfully relevant observations on Aboriginal and Native American literature and life. It is the only reader to cover Aboriginal/Native American literary criticism across North America. It includes all new pieces unpublished elsewhere. It includes a mixture of critical voices: traditional academic writing, memoir, drama, poetry. It addresses issues of form, genre, and linguistics.
- Author BiographyPaul DePasquale is a member of the Six Nations of the Grand River Territory in Ontario. He is Associate Professor of English at the University of Winnipeg and co-editor of Telling our Stories: Omushkego Legends and Histories from Hudson Bay (University of Toronto Press). The late Renate Eigenbrod was Associate Professor of Native Studies at the University of Manitoba and author of Travelling Knowledges: Positioning the Im/Migrant Reader of Aboriginal Literatures in Canada (University of Manitoba Press). Emma LaRocque is Professor of Native Studies at the University of Manitoba. A Plains Cree Metis, she has published widely on Aboriginal literature and is the recipient of an Aboriginal Achievement Award.
- PublisherBroadview Press Ltd
- Date of Publication15/03/2010
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationPeterborough
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintBroadview Press Ltd
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byEmma LaRocque,Paul Depasquale,Renate Eigenbrod
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.