About this product
- DescriptionIt's 1943, and World War II is raging. 10-year-old Wesley and 14-year-old Charles are evacuated from the UK to USA. The culture shock is intense as the London boys adjust to rural farm life and have to learn new sports and customs, plus contend with racial segregation and bullying. As time goes by, the brothers adapt to their new reality and blaze their own trails. But just when Wes and Charles think they are safe, they encounter the very soldiers they were trying to escape: Nazis. Suddenly a foreign war is very close to home.
- Author BiographyL.M. Elliott (www.LMElliott.com) is the author of Under a War-Torn Sky, a NCSS/CBC Notable Book in Social Studies, Jefferson Cup Honor Book, Bank Street College of Education Best Books of the Year, and winner of the Borders' Original Voices Award, and its sequel, A Troubled Peace, also a NCSS/CBC Notable; Annie, Between the States, an IRA Teacher's Choice and NYPL Book for the Teen Age; Give Me Liberty, and Flying South, a Bank Street College Best Children's Book. She lives in Virginia with her family.
- Author(s)L. M. Elliot
- PublisherDisney Publishing Worldwide
- Date of Publication15/05/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDisney Publishing Worldwide
- Weight410 g
- Width145 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.