All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn 20 June 1998 Peter Temple-Morris, Conservative MP for Leominster, crossed the floor to join his rivals on the Labour party benches. What drove a seasoned Conservative politician - one of the so-called 'Cambridge Mafia', with 24 years' experience as a Conservative MP - to change his allegiance so radically? In this memoir of a long and varied political career, Temple-Morris answers this question, unveiling the slow, gradual process of disillusionment with the Conservative party, especially under Margaret Thatcher, and the growing appeal of the New Labour movement under Tony Blair. As well as providing an important overview of British domestic politics in the second half of the twentieth century, Temple-Morris also explains his crucial role in Irish politics, especially in the peace process talks which led to the Good Friday Agreement of 1998.
- Author BiographyLord (Peter) Temple-Morris is a Labour peer. He was elected as the Conservative MP for Leominster in 1974 and sat as a Conservative MP until 1998 when he crossed the floor to the Labour benches. He remained an MP until 2001.
- Author(s)Peter Temple-Morris
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note37 bw in 2x8pp plates
- Weight726 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.