All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA tribute to the expressiveness of today's artists and the incredible versatility of the medium, AcrylicWorks features 126 contemporary masterpieces. This stunning collection covers a wide range of styles and subjects from intimate portraits and ultra-realistic wildlife paintings to sweeping landscapes and bold abstracts. Captions reveal the unique creative story behind each piece and offer tips and techniques from top acrylic artists. Arguable other medium offers such a breadth of creative opportunities, from transparent veils of color to juicy impasto strokes. Acrylics allow artists the freedom to move from layer to layer quickly and intuitively, without waiting for paint to dry...or, when used with additives, time to work the paint for wet-into-wet applications. Combined with colored pencil, oil, collage, gels, pastes, and a wealth of other complementary mediums, the opportunities for texture and experimentation are endless. The results--as you'll see inside--are diverse, original and unabashedly acrylic.
- Author BiographyBorn and raised on the east coast of in the United States, Nancy Reyner received a BFA from the Rhode Island School of Design and an MFA from Columbia University. From creating costumes and sets for theater and film to coordinating public arts programs for the state of New York, she has had a wide-ranging career in the arts, all of which inform her work. She now lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico, and has been painting for more than thirty years, exhibiting and teaching both nationally and internationally. Her previous books, Acrylic Revolution, Acrylic Innovation and Acrylic Illuminations offer a multitude of techniques and ideas with the intent to provide inspiration to artists everywhere. Please visit her website, nancyreyner.com, for current work, her painting blog, workshops and gallery representation.
- PublisherF&W Publications Inc
- Date of Publication28/03/2014
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Light Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1111 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byEditors of North Light Books
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.