Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe doctrine of the divine absolutes is a central component of university courses in modern Christian doctrine and in this book Gunton brings a unique combination of theology and philosophy to bear on the main issues. This book addresses the thorny question of the defining characteristics of the deity - or what God is. After 2000 years there is little clarity about this, and it is this clarity which Gunton provides. He discusses the nature of theological language, the difference the Trinity makes to discussion of the divine absolutes, and the relationship between Greek and Hebrew understandings of the topic. The most coherent picture of the divine absolutes to have been published in recent times, this should be useful reading for all serious students of Christian doctrine and systematic theology.
- Author BiographyColin E Gunton is Professor of Christian doctrine at King's College London. He is the author of numerous books, including Becoming and Being (SCM Press 2001), The Actuality of Atonement , The One , The Three and the Many , and The Christian Faith .
- Author(s)Colin E. Gunton
- PublisherSCM Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2002
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSCM Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight17 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine254 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.