Acting Professionally: Raw Facts About Careers in Acting by James Calleri, Robert Cohen (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.67Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $90.94+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Everybody wants to get into the act' said the old-time comic Jimmy Durante, but the fact is that becoming a professional actor requires a lot more than just the desire to break into the business. A clear understanding of how acting careers are built and the specific way that actors must position themselves in a professional environment overseen by directors, agents, casting directors and acting unions is essential to all would-be actors. Acting Professionally will steer you through this hugely competitive industry in the U.S., offering wise advice on everything from writing a successful resume to finding yourself an agent. The leading book in its field since its first edition in 1972, Acting Professionally 7th Edition is w fully updated, with the addition of co-author James Calleri (of Calleri Casting), and a new section on digital and web-based casting procedures. With comprehensive coverage of the new techlogies of internet-transmitted performance videos, website casting, and electronic submissions, Acting Professionally will help you to create and sustain an acting career in the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographyROBERT COHEN is the founding chair of the drama department at the University of California, Irvine, where he now serves as Clare Trevor Professor of Drama. He is author of the defining text Acting Power, and many other theatre books including Acting One, Advanced Acting, Acting in Shakespeare and Creative Play Direction. In 1999 he received the Career Achievement Award for Education from the Association for Theatre in Higher Education. He is a veteran stage director for Shakespeare festivals in the U.S. and abroad. JAMES CALLERI is President of Calleri Casting, and one of the most prominent casting directors in America. His casting credits include Broadway productions of Chicago, 33 Variations, A Raisin in the Sun and The Dead. His TV credits include Lipstick Jungle, Monk, Ed and Hope& Faith. He has been awarded five Artios Awards for outstanding achievement in casting and is a member of the Casting Society of America.
- Author(s)James Calleri,Robert Cohen
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication26/08/2009
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note8 black & white halftones, 8 tables
- Weight337 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $45.70Trending at AU $72.17
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $80.10
- AU $21.26Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.39
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $21.28Trending at AU $22.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.